Skip to the content
- Image Description
- Latagia Copeland-Tyronce
- United States
- Website and social media
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mstagityronce/
- I am a Pro-Black writer, journalist and blogger with several years of experience. I am a recent MSW graduate from Wayne State University concentrating in Innovation in Community, Policy and Leadership with a emphasis on Policy. In addition to being a macro social worker, I am also a child welfare reform activist, parental rights, and social justice advocate. I'm currently a staff writer and journalist for SWhelper.com. I have severe osteoarthritis that severely limits my mobility and at times leaves me bedridden and in chronic pain. It is a condition that I have suffered from since the age of twelve stemming from a near fatal car crash wherein several bones were injured and broken requiring eleven surgeries thus far. By the grace of God, and despite my physical disabilities and the many traumatic difficulties that I have had to endure, I have been able to continue to move forward. A lifelong learner and consummate overachiever, I am currently pursuing a Master's degree in Public Administration specializing in non-profit management and policy. I will be I currently live in Detroit, Michigan. I was the first person in my family to graduate from college and to attend graduate school. I am the founder of both the #BlackMothersForCPSAbolition #BlackMothersForChildWelfareReform movements. As a tireless and outspoken parent and child welfare activist and advocate, I have managed to become a top writer in Racism on Medium where I also host and write regularly on my advocacy blog called Tagi's World. My work has been featured in in several publications including BlackMattersUs and Rise Magazine. I am an unabashed Malcomite and am passionate about and primarily focus my advocacy and activism efforts on child welfare and criminal justice reform. I truly enjoy helping people achieve their goals, whatever they may be. My dream is to found a non-profit organization that addresses the needs of oppressed populations, specifically Afro-Americans. My interests range from causes to music. I am also interested in reading, politics, and writing. When not spending time writing and thinking about how I can make the world a better place, I love watching historical documentaries and movies and relaxing with my husband Min. Laverne Tyronce Sr. and our son Laverne Jr.
- Media, Politics, Disability Culture, Race, Relationships
- Source, Personal Essays, Opinion Editorial, Reported Features, Investigative Journalism, Essays, Radio Appearances, Television Appearances, Podcast Appearances
- Additional Credentials
- In addition to my MSW, I hold an AS in General Studies, BS in Healthcare Administration (Hons), and a Minor in Psychology from Mercy College of Ohio. I recently received my graduate certificate in Addiction, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Studies (CADAS) and am pursuing another in Communications and New Media.