Skip to content
- Image Description
- [ID: A young white woman is turned away from the camera with her face turned back smirking in the direction of the camera. She has dark shoulder length hair and eyes and is wearing a short sleeved multicolored plaid shirt with a green t shirt and blue jeans. Her elbows are resting on her knees. End ID]
- Syd Chasteen
- United States
- Website and social media
- Twitter and Tumblr: @bifinmediasres
- Hi! My name is Sydney (call me Syd, I don't really use my knees) I've been a writer for as long as I can remember, and an advocate for even longer. My passion for disability activism and advocacy was born from my experience growing up with Spina Bifida.
I am a blogger at bifinmediasres.com (my personal site) and have been writing there for several years. I have also written for Rooted in Rights and Center For Disability Rights. I have written on my personal experiences and opinions as a disabled person as well as issues facing the disability community.
- Media, Medicine, Books, Film, Television, Poetry, Fiction, Politics, Ethics, Philosophy, Disability Culture, Accessibility, Disability Rights, History, Americans with Disabilities Act, Feminism, Disability, Relationships, Sexuality
- Source, Personal Essays, Opinion Editorial, Reported Features, Investigative Journalism, Essays, Copyediting, Editing
- Additional Credentials