Skip to the content
- Image Description
- A white woman with long blond hair wearing a pink shirt smiling in front of a row of homes in Venice Beach, California.
- Katie Rose Guest Pryal
- Website and social media
- Website: katieroseguestpryal.com; Twitter: @krgpryal
- Katie is a bestselling novelist, essayist, and attorney in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. She is the author of fiction, including Entanglement (2015), Chasing Chaos (2016), and Fallout Girl (2018), all from Blue Crow Books. She is also the author of the #1 Amazon bestseller Life of the Mind Interrupted: Essays on Mental Health and Disability in Higher Education (2017) and The Freelance Academic: Transform Your Creative Life and Career (2019).
Katie writes regularly for Catapult and Women in Higher Education, and she is the founder and co-editor-in-chief of Disability Acts magazine (disabilityacts.com). She earned her master’s degree in creative writing from the Writing Seminars at Johns Hopkins, where she attended on a fellowship, and her law degree from UNC School of Law. After law school, she clerked for a federal judge, practiced law, and earned her doctorate from UNC-Greensboro before joining the faculty at UNC, where she taught for seven years. She now writes full time and raises two incredible children alongside a house full of shelter pets.
- Media, Pop Culture, Medicine, Law, Politics, Disability Culture, Accessibility, Disability Rights, Criticism, Americans with Disabilities Act, Feminism, Disability
- Source, Personal Essays, Opinion Editorial, Reported Features, Essays, Criticism, Sensitivity Reading, Radio Appearances, Television Appearances, Podcast Appearances
- Additional Credentials
- M.A. in narrative writing, J.D. (law degree) with research speciality in disability studies, Ph.D. in rhetoric specializing in law and culture.