Skip to content
- Image Description
- Angela Clarke. Photo by Jamie Drew
- Angela Clarke
- United Kingdom
- Website and social media
- Website: angelaclarke.co.uk
- Angela is The Sunday Times bestselling author of On My Life, and the Social Media Murder Series, including Follow Me, Watch Me, and Trust Me. Her latest novel, On My Life, is out now.Follow Me was named Amazon’s Rising Star Debut of the Month January 2016, long listed for the Crime Writer’s Association Dagger in the Library 2016, and short listed for the Dead Good Page Turner Award 2016. Follow Me has been optioned by a TV production company. Angela’s humorous memoir Confessions of a Fashionista is an Amazon Fashion Chart bestseller. The horror screenplay, Lure, which Angela co-wrote with Cal Moriarty, under the name Clark Moriarty won the First Scene Screenplay Festival 2017, placed third in the Los Angeles Independent Film Festival 2017 and is a quarterfinalist in the First Blood Screenwriting Contest. Her play, The Legacy, enjoyed a sell-out run at The Hope Theatre in June 2015.
Angela featured on CBS Reality’s real life crime series Written in Blood, appeared on the BBC Ouch’s Edinburgh Festival Stage in Tales of The Misunderstood, The Guilty Feminist Podcast (on tour at Warwick Arts Centre). She hosted the book show Tales From Your Life on BBC 3 Counties in 2017, and currently hosts the Three Books show on Womens’ Radio Station. Angela also features regularly as a panel guest on BBC 3 Counties, BBC Radio 4, and the BBC World Service, among others. Angela has given talks and masterclasses for many, including City University’s Crime Writing MA, Noirwich Crime Writing Festival, Camp Bestival, Panic! (in partnership with Create, the Barbican, Goldsmiths University and The Guardian), Meet a Mentor (in partnership with the Royal Society of Arts), Northwich Lit Fest, St Albans Lit Fest, BeaconLit, and the London College of Fashion.
In 2015 Angela was awarded the Young Stationers' Prize for achievement and promise in writing and publishing. Angela, a sufferer of the debilitating chronic condition Ehlers Danlos III, is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, volunteers with Womentoring, Meet a Mentor and at HM Prisons. She is passionate about bringing marginalised voices into the creative industries.
- Media, Pop Culture, Books, Television, Theatre, Fiction, Disability Culture, Accessibility, Disability Rights, Feminism, Disability, Relationships
- Source, Personal Essays, Opinion Editorial, Criticism, Sensitivity Reading, Radio Appearances, Television Appearances, Podcast Appearances
- Additional Credentials