Skip to the content
- Image Description
- Photo is of woman with dark hair and glasses sitting in a wheelchair in a library.
- Valerie Piro
- Website and social media
- Website: https://themightyval.com/
- Valerie is a PhD Candidate of History at Princeton University, where she studies poverty in the Middle Ages. She has been a wheelchair user since 2008, and has written about disability for the New York Times and Inside Higher Ed. Her interests include disability in higher education, inclusive education, and the history of disability in the Middle Ages.
- Pop Culture, Sports, Disability Rights, History, Education, Disability, Beauty
- Source, Personal Essays, Opinion Editorial, Essays, Criticism, Editing, Sensitivity Reading
- Additional Credentials
- BA, History, Harvard College (2014)
MPhil, Medieval History, University of Cambridge (2015)
EdM, Higher Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education (2017)
MA, History, Princeton University (2019)