Skip to the content
- Image Description
- A caucasian woman with red hair, wearing a purple jacket and blue glasses leans over a black labrador wearing a guide dog harness.
- Elsa Sjunneson-Henry
- Website and social media
- Four time Hugo Finalist Elsa Sjunneson-Henry is a deafblind author and editor of speculative fiction. She has had work in Fireside, Uncanny, CNN, The Boston Globe, and Tor.com, among many other venues. She also teaches frequently at the university level. She and her guide dog zoom through life on deadlines and adventures.
- How to Make a Paper Crane - https://uncannymagazine.com/article/how-to-make-a-paper-crane/
Constructing Blindness - https://www.tor.com/tag/constructing-blindness/
Rubella Gave me a Disability, This is my Message to Anti-Vaxxers: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/19/opinions/measles-outbreak-anti-vaccine-movement-disability-sjunneson-henry/index.html
My prosthetic Eye: https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2017/04/15/artificial-eye/H4VMCtkuOwkE36rcbOeAtK/story.html
- Media, Pop Culture, Books, Television, Theatre, Fiction, Disability Culture, Accessibility, Disability Rights, Criticism, Americans with Disabilities Act, Feminism, Religion, LGBQT, Disability, Service Animals, Travel
- Source, Personal Essays, Opinion Editorial, Reported Features, Essays, Editing, Sensitivity Reading, Radio Appearances, Television Appearances, Podcast Appearances
- Additional Credentials
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Writer and Editor
Guide Dog Handler