Skip to the content
- Image Description
- Brown, genderqueer, trans person facing towards the sun, smiling with eyes closed. Wearing grey beanie, with a silver septum ring and silver piercing at the cupids bow. and spiral shaped wood earrings with a grey and black and white plaid shirt .
- Hablo Rodríguez-Williams
- United States
- Website and social media
- Hablo Rodriguez-Williams is an unapologetic, Brown, genderqueer artist, poet, freelance writer, author, scholar, disability rights organizer, native, herbal healer and social critic. As a shape shifting, self proclaimed, "Sadboi", Hablo's werk centers a decolonial lens around Queer and Trans POWER and disability. Hablo's work emphasizes everything unapologetically feminine and the ever queering of the word "femme". Hablo's spoken word shines light on the often overlooked, "gritty", parts of queerness, decolonialism and disability. Through their own multiplicities and intersectionalities of their existence; as a first generation Colombian and Indigenous disabled person, Hablo's capacity for story telling allows for them to be instrumental to a cultural movement and narrative of resistance.
- Pop Culture, Books, Poetry, Art, Politics, Disability Culture, Disability Rights, Criticism, Education, Feminism, Race, LGBQT, Disability, Sexuality, Beauty
- Source, Personal Essays, Opinion Editorial, Investigative Journalism, Essays, Criticism, Editing, Radio Appearances, Podcast Appearances
- Additional Credentials
- Associates Degree in Sociology
Bachelors Degree in Sociology and Latino Studies Minor Degree