Skip to the content
- Image Description
- Image: Brown smiling woman with curly hair, wearing a vintage turquoise lace dress, holding the handles of a walker. She is looking forward towards the camera in a professional body shot.
- Robin Wilson-Beattie
- United States
- Website and social media
- www.sexabledwithRobinWB.com and @sexabled on Twitter
- Robin Wilson-Beattie is a speaker, writer, and advocate for disability and sexuality as well as one of the first people to talk about disability, sexuality, and marketing to adult product retailers and manufacturers. She combines years of personal experience with medically sound research to provide a unique perspective on how life and identity impacts one's sexual expression. Her speaking engagements include multiple keynotes and panels, including three consecutive years speaking at the Adult Video News convention in Las Vegas.
Her work has not only helped tens of thousands of disabled people, but also inspired many others to become advocates for sexuality and disability education, an incredibly underserved area.
Robin is a member of the Association of American Sexual Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT), the Women of Color Sexual Health Network (WOCSHN), and a graduate and member of the San Francisco Sexuality Information Training (SFSI). Currently, she is working on a book that shares the reproductive health experiences of people with disabilities. Robin is a deep-fried Southern woman, mid-century buff, and proud Mama of one amazing person.
- Media, Medicine, Disability Culture, Accessibility, Disability Rights, Criticism, Education, Americans with Disabilities Act, Feminism, Race, LGBQT, Disability, Relationships, Sexuality, Technology, Lifestyle
- Source, Personal Essays, Opinion Editorial, Reported Features, Essays, Criticism, Sensitivity Reading, Radio Appearances, Television Appearances, Podcast Appearances
- Additional Credentials
- Sexuality Education Certifications:
SFSI: San Francisco Sex Information Training
Sexual Health Educator Certificate of Achievement, City College of San Francisco